Summing it Up...

Now, that I'm way on the wrong side of sixty, I feel that being true to self is important. "I yam, what I yam." Kindness and smiles are to be given away. Women are strong. Men are more vulnerable than we believe. Husbands may come and go...but one thing I know for sure is that I will NEVAH live without a corgi or coffee in my life if I can prevent it. Come piles of dog fur or hot water!

Thursday, September 20, 2007

First Day at Woodland Park...Corgi's Day Out!





We had a delightful day, I must say. We went up mountain! We went to the Chamber of Commerce office, and zoom, we were off to the high plains, and scenic mountain views we've been craving to see. The fall wildflowers, purple asters, thistle going to seed, yellow yucca, anemones, and the yellow and apricot leaves of the aspen just took our breath away, especially when the sun shone through the branches. We were surrounded by the Rockies, and Pike's Peak. Chipmunks, blue birds, and huge black tufted Colorado Blue Jays were everywhere. Even a wild turkey crossed the road, it appeared to be somewhere between 30-40 pounds. The reservoir is 200 feet deep and provides drinking water for Colorado Springs, the beauty of that was really something too. The corgi kids had a ball sniffing in the woods. If we said "Wow" once, we said it a hundred times. Absolute Beauty is out here in these mountains.
Tonight, we had a campfire cook-out supper and invited Jim's Mom and sister to our campground site, which is 3-4 blocks away from where they live. We sat around the fire, the pine wood smelled so good, and toasted marshmallows, drank tea, and talked and talked. What a perfectly nice day, huh?

No comments:

Y'all come back now...

Y'all come back now...

Everyone is special, and counts!