Summing it Up...

Now, that I'm way on the wrong side of sixty, I feel that being true to self is important. "I yam, what I yam." Kindness and smiles are to be given away. Women are strong. Men are more vulnerable than we believe. Husbands may come and go...but one thing I know for sure is that I will NEVAH live without a corgi or coffee in my life if I can prevent it. Come piles of dog fur or hot water!

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

We're at Escapade.


We're experiencing nice, cooler days now that it's September while we spend a few days in Goshen, Amish country USA, in Elkhart County, where half of the nation's RV's are produced. We're here at the Escapee's 37th Escapade. There are seminars on how to drive your big ol'RV, the cleaning/maintaining/hi-teching of your RV, as well as numerous craft classes, travel opportunities, and vendors galore offer their wares that they tell you...you can't live without. Tonight, we had an interesting visit with people our age, just back from a 2 month trip through Canada/the Yukon and Alaska. They said they just pulled over to the side of the road to camp, fish, whatever. Bears got to fish first...then man got his turn, if both were fishing for salmon. She was wearing a little babble filled with gold chips she panned for in Chicken, Alaska. Before we go our separate ways for the rest of the year, now that our stint at White Pines is over, it's fun to do one last outing with Phil and Rose. They'll head west towards Mt. Rushmore, then on to Oregon, following family gatherings in Illinois and Iowa next week. The corgi kids got good brushings today, and we filled a wastebasket with fluff. Addie loves beautyshop day, and even let me do a trim...the end result making her look like a "slick chick" as my Dad used to call my Mom when she dressed up for Tri Chi Club.
On a more serious note, I'm sure we all remember where we were six years ago today. Take a moment to offer up a silent prayer that nothing like that ever happens again in our country, and that we're wiser, and more thankful for our blessings, nationally and personally.

No comments:

Y'all come back now...

Y'all come back now...

Everyone is special, and counts!