Summing it Up...

Now, that I'm way on the wrong side of sixty, I feel that being true to self is important. "I yam, what I yam." Kindness and smiles are to be given away. Women are strong. Men are more vulnerable than we believe. Husbands may come and go...but one thing I know for sure is that I will NEVAH live without a corgi or coffee in my life if I can prevent it. Come piles of dog fur or hot water!

Friday, December 15, 2006

Go see the new Charlotte's Web movie!!


Josh, Jim and I went to see it tonight and it was a really sweet family film to watch, especially during the holidays. How nice to enjoy the clever dialogue, the Maine scenery, and the homespun theme about friendship. The farm scenes made us want to "be" there. We laughed, and Jim and I cried. (ok, we are criers at movies, but others were sniffling as well.) The animal voices done by Julia Roberts, Oprah and other stars added so much to the film.
When was the last time you went to a movie where the audience applauded at the end?

2 comments:

Sherrie said...

Joey wants to see this, (his teacher is reading the book to his class right now) but I told him that it will have to be a "boys night out". John will have to take him, because I don't think I can handle the movie. I literally lost a contact lens from sobbing at "Forrest Gump", I'm not sure that I'd survive "Charlotte's Web"!

ocmist said...

Not to many shows now-a-days where they applaud, but that is the kind I LOVE to see! That is one of my favorite "kid's books." I think I still like the animated movie better, though. Paul Linde as Templeton the rat, was just TOO perfect! :)

I'm a crier, too... Saw Soul Surfer recently and loved it! We got it through Netflix. Well, I better quit for the night as it's after 2 a.m. and I'm "trying" to go to bed earlier now. (At least before 4-5 a.m.)P.T. Goodnight!

Y'all come back now...

Y'all come back now...

Everyone is special, and counts!