Summing it Up...

Now, that I'm way on the wrong side of sixty, I feel that being true to self is important. "I yam, what I yam." Kindness and smiles are to be given away. Women are strong. Men are more vulnerable than we believe. Husbands may come and go...but one thing I know for sure is that I will NEVAH live without a corgi or coffee in my life if I can prevent it. Come piles of dog fur or hot water!

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Mom/Gram is bouncing back.


Our Mom, of three, the grandma of eight, and great-gram of four, soon to be five, is getting better and stronger each day from her most recent stroke which occured the first weekend in March. Tim/Bev and Mike/Carolyn are doing a great job keeping her on a schedule involving in-house exercise, a low-fat, low-sodium diet, physical therapy appointments and ongoing doctor visits. She's surrounded by people who want the best for her. Having always been fiercely independent, she sometimes feels "too monitored" for her comfort level. She hopes to go home someday, back to her little Indiana town , going to the library and lunch out with the girls. We wish that for her as well, but, her needs are more complex now, which complicates her freedoms. She'll celebrate her 90th birthday, this April 4th.

No comments:

Y'all come back now...

Y'all come back now...

Everyone is special, and counts!