Summing it Up...

Now, that I'm way on the wrong side of sixty, I feel that being true to self is important. "I yam, what I yam." Kindness and smiles are to be given away. Women are strong. Men are more vulnerable than we believe. Husbands may come and go...but one thing I know for sure is that I will NEVAH live without a corgi or coffee in my life if I can prevent it. Come piles of dog fur or hot water!

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Deep Breathing and Chatty Omelets

Well, Jim and I attended the information class about an exercise regime our local chiropractor was sponsoring. It's done with deep breathing and stretching; making Tai Chi-like movements. We did it at the office last night,and got up early to do it first thing this morning. The dogs kept pacing around us, wondering what all the inhales/exhales were all about. It stimulates your brain, organs and lymph node system. The "jangle" looks as if you're having a spasm, and praising the Lord, all at the same time.
We met the lady from the pool I wrote about earlier, (who, at 61, is going to the Learn More Center because she never had the chance to get any type of education, growing up in the coal mine area of Kentucky,) along with her husband, and friends of theirs for breakfast in Warsaw this morning. We all had omelets, which came out the size of a large calzone. We began the meal, all as strangers, but the conversation never lagged, and at times there were three or four going on all at the same time. All those folks were natives of Kentucky, and by the sounds of it, those two women can really cook. They gave me tips on "good fried chicken," and how biscuits can be ugly but still taste good. They both admitted to making a fantastic sausage gravy. I was thinking up names for the diner they dreamed about opening in their younger years. Kentucky Tucker, Good Grub, Down Home Eats. Anyway, after hugs and handshakes, we hit Wally world, trying to finish up Christmas. We brought up the outside Christmas decorations from the basement now that it's nearly December. We'll be in Florida over Christmas to see the Florida kids/grandboys, and part of my family. It's been in the 20's today, very windy, and they say, by Saturday, our world will be a white one. Being in warmer weather for the holidays sounds pretty inviting and should be a nice reprieve from the bone chilling, yukky stuff, Indiana has to offer!

No comments:

Y'all come back now...

Y'all come back now...

Everyone is special, and counts!