Summing it Up...

Now, that I'm way on the wrong side of sixty, I feel that being true to self is important. "I yam, what I yam." Kindness and smiles are to be given away. Women are strong. Men are more vulnerable than we believe. Husbands may come and go...but one thing I know for sure is that I will NEVAH live without a corgi or coffee in my life if I can prevent it. Come piles of dog fur or hot water!

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Back roads; the way to go...


Abe Lincoln's cousin built this historic building, now the national headquarters of the Lincoln Highway; in the tiny village of Franklin Grove.
The Lincoln Highway was the first road to go across the U. S.
The 45-foot statue of Chief Blackhawk, in Lowden State Park, Oregon, IL.
Rock River views near Oregon, Illinois. A view of the beautiful Rock River, in the heart of the Blackhawk Valley, at Grand Detour, the home of John Deere.

Today was Jim's last day off for the week, heading into a busy weekend here at the park. We hit some back roads after dining at La Vigna, which serves fine northern Italian cuisine. It's become a special night out place for our past three anniversaries. It's hidden out in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by hills, cornfields, and barns. The park superintendent and another ranger told Jim about it and we've gone ever since. What a treat. Tonight we tried their homemade raspberry sorbet..............oh my!

No comments:

Y'all come back now...

Y'all come back now...

Everyone is special, and counts!