Summing it Up...

Now, that I'm way on the wrong side of sixty, I feel that being true to self is important. "I yam, what I yam." Kindness and smiles are to be given away. Women are strong. Men are more vulnerable than we believe. Husbands may come and go...but one thing I know for sure is that I will NEVAH live without a corgi or coffee in my life if I can prevent it. Come piles of dog fur or hot water!

Friday, October 10, 2008

BUGS...and the last hurrah


I wish I could describe to you just how bad the lady beetle problem is here. Our motorhome is infested, and until we leave, this is how it will be. Hundreds and hundreds come in during the day. They crawl all over us, buzz in our hair, get inside our clothes. They bite. Our screens, vent fans, ceilings, are covered. I'm going buggy! By bedtime, I have their numbers down, by vacumming, and killing them all day long.
The weatherman promised a perfect Autumn weekend, and with many folks having Columbus Day off, this weekend is being called the last hurrah at White Pines. It's custom here, for some reason, that the weekend before Columbus Day, is a biggie in the state park. There are three weddings and receptions at the lodge too. Campfires dot the hills, and kids, bikes and dogs are as plentiful as the lady beetles!

The coyotes were howling like banshees last night. With the moon almost full, and freight trains adding a lonely sound to the ambiance of the already dark park, the campers might experience a little spooky time.Whoooooo-oooohhhh

3 comments:

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

Happy belated birthday!! And thanks for stopping by my blog!

Hootin Anni said...

Oh oh...by thriftychick's comment I see I missed a birthday?! Well, dang...I'm sending along my best wishes too then, belatedly.

Ewwwwww, bugs. I would be so out of there. And your post below this one, with all the bug photos...oh my gosh!

But the colored foliage in your photos are beautiful! Hope you're having a great holiday none-the-less.

Happy Monday.

Tanya said...

I hate those dumb lady beetles! ICK!

Stop on by my blog...you were the winner of the fall basket!

Y'all come back now...

Y'all come back now...

Everyone is special, and counts!