Summing it Up...

Now, that I'm way on the wrong side of sixty, I feel that being true to self is important. "I yam, what I yam." Kindness and smiles are to be given away. Women are strong. Men are more vulnerable than we believe. Husbands may come and go...but one thing I know for sure is that I will NEVAH live without a corgi or coffee in my life if I can prevent it. Come piles of dog fur or hot water!

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Recipes VS Calories



I went to the Mennonite girls can cook site, and found a recipe for peanut butter cookies with three ingredients in it. One cup peanut butter, one cup sugar, and one egg. Stir, make into balls, flatten with fork, bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Easy peasy, and tasty too. I had to taste one to make sure it was OK. I made them for son Josh as a Valentine. Bing, bang, boom....I will bag them up as soon as they cool, and he'll get them. Tomorrow. I hope the zip lock stays zipped. I won't have to worry about Jim, he bought a dozen boxes of Girl Scout Cookies, so I know that his needs are met.

It's a good thing that I found out, online, that chewing gum burns eleven calories an hour. Fidgeting burns seventy calories and hour. If you walk at one mile an hour, whew, look at that blur, that burns up 119 calories an hour. (Now I'm glad that I stopped at one.)
"You ate the elephant one bite at a time,
you'll have to get rid of it one bite at a time."
Govenor Huckabee

8 comments:

ClassyChassy said...

No flour in that recipe? No baking powder or soda? Hmmmm. How did they taste???

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

Hummm, is that bag of cookies calling to ya. I just hate counting calories. I have done it for most of my life and just decided to quit...didn't help. Just kept counting and counting..lol...1200, 2400, 3600. Yep it's easy to count them, just need to do something about not eating what I'm counting...

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Honey, it's eaten, let yerself enjoy it, let yerself be human! You know yer a great gal!

Tanya said...

I quit counting calories ages ago. It took every ounce of fun out of eating! Everything in moderation is what I live by!

Have a great weekend! :) Happy Valentine's Day too!

LADY JANE said...

Oh now look at what you've done Susan...I'm fidgiting at my computer...
Ever wonder what the meaning of Fidgit-ing is...lol? I wonder if I Fidget double if it will burn 140 calories per hour...will I burn double calories? Hmmmm. IF you just add an R to FIDGIT you get FRIDG-IT. Going to fridg-it for eggs and sugar...and peanut butter...burning Calories on my way...until cookies are done! Sounds Yummy!

Chatty Crone said...

If you'd put those ingredients in a brownie pan and bake flat. Then melt a bag of semi-chocolate chips (the healthy chocolate). Then put it on top of the cooled peanut butter mixture and let harden - they would be like peanut butter cups. I have a recipe for something like that. Don't think I even have to bake mine. Sounds yummy. I'll have to get that recipes out!
Good idea for a Friday the 13th!

Anonymous said...

I love the Mennonite Girls Can Cook website. They post at least 2 new recipes everyday. I have tried many of them and all are really great. I will have to find the one for Peanut Butter cookies. Hugs,
Lorri

betty-NZ said...

Wow! Must try that recipe!

Y'all come back now...

Y'all come back now...

Everyone is special, and counts!