Summing it Up...

Now, that I'm way on the wrong side of sixty, I feel that being true to self is important. "I yam, what I yam." Kindness and smiles are to be given away. Women are strong. Men are more vulnerable than we believe. Husbands may come and go...but one thing I know for sure is that I will NEVAH live without a corgi or coffee in my life if I can prevent it. Come piles of dog fur or hot water!

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

On our way home...

Tonight we're parked in a Cracker Barrel lot for overnight in Nitro, West Virginia.
We'll get home by tomorrow evening I imagine. It's been great seeing the Florida and North Carolina kids and grandkids, but it's time to find our own spot..back home.

We saw a tri-colored corgi pup at a Flying J truck stop. He was barking his head off, and adorable. The lady said she raised them, and had six corgis at home!

We also saw one of the new Camaros that everyone is talking about and anticipating being transported in West Virginia. It was school bus yellow, and C O O L!
We're on battery here, and the power in very low in the lap top, so I'm signing off now. Tomorrow night I will download all the family pics and enter them.
Hope all of you are well, and looking forward to SUMMER coming!

5 comments:

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

I bet it's kind of cozy to pull up and spend the night in a Cracker Barrel parking lot!

It's nice to get home, though, isn't it. You'll really enjoy when yer back in yer own bed.

I had not heard about the new Camaros. We don't see many cars here, honestly. Most everyone drives a truck, and it's usually a WHITE truck due to the heat. Parking lots are a nightmare, because if you drive a white truck, it's just a big sea of look-alikes. Of course my hubby had to get him a BIG WHITE TRUCK.

Looking forward to those pictures!!!

Chatty Crone said...

I know you had a great time, but I also know there is no place like home. Glad to have you back.

Angela said...

Oh! I wish I knew you were in Nitro, West Virginia last night! I only live 25 minutes from there. I would have come there to meet you! Did you happen to see any of those greyhouds?

I didn't know anything about the new Camaros either. But I am a Ford girl. lol

Hope you enjoyed your stay in WV!

Hugs,
Angela

Sherrie said...

We had Mother's Day lunch at Cracker Barrel, and I tried a new (Sunday was it's first day on the menu!) item called "campfire chicken" that I highly recommend. It's a quarter chicken, taters, carrots, corn on the cob and onions all steamed in an aluminum foil wrap, girl scout style! It's only $8.99 and I couldn't even finish it because they give you so much! Enjoy your trip home!

ClassyChassy said...

A guy I dated years ago had a Camaro that was SCHOOL BUS YELLOW! It had been used for racing, and said "Mellow Yellow" on the back! COOL!

Y'all come back now...

Y'all come back now...

Everyone is special, and counts!