Summing it Up...

Now, that I'm way on the wrong side of sixty, I feel that being true to self is important. "I yam, what I yam." Kindness and smiles are to be given away. Women are strong. Men are more vulnerable than we believe. Husbands may come and go...but one thing I know for sure is that I will NEVAH live without a corgi or coffee in my life if I can prevent it. Come piles of dog fur or hot water!

Friday, November 13, 2009

(13/30) Blessings continued...

The movers brought everything that Jim's mom owns in the world today. She moved from a three-level town house style to a cottage with 680 square feet. Boxes are stacked within two feet of the ceiling....you can imagine a visual, right?

I'm thankful that it's here. And thankful that she has a place to stay as those mountains of boxes get unpacked.

Not sure I can keep this thankfulness (crap) going each day as the unpacking unfolds. Maybe, I should have waited for December, he hee!

(slaps self in noggin') It's all about attitude, right?

4 comments:

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

do like I told my DIL when she was decluttering their home for a new appraisal..one box at a time, and before you know it, it will be all done...lol..PS, glad it's you and not me...

ocmist said...

I, too, am glad it's you and not me, but maybe you could think "Treasure hunt." Make a list of things to look for as you unpack... like something such and such a color, or new, or old, or silver colored or gold... interesting, boring, etc. That, and the one box at a time and I don't know what you MIL's attitude is like, but if it's good, THAT would be a plus because as many hands... I'm praying for you. Maybe the Lord had you do the Thankfulness thing so that you WOULD look for that silver lining each day. Linda

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Ooooo, I feel bad for you. Clutter is upsetting. That's an awful job you have there, m'dear. Wish I could help. I think Molly has the key: One box at a time. I have almost no possessions and I'm very glad of it!!!

Chatty Crone said...

I agree with Molly - one box at a time. It'll be done before you know it.

Y'all come back now...

Y'all come back now...

Everyone is special, and counts!