Summing it Up...

Now, that I'm way on the wrong side of sixty, I feel that being true to self is important. "I yam, what I yam." Kindness and smiles are to be given away. Women are strong. Men are more vulnerable than we believe. Husbands may come and go...but one thing I know for sure is that I will NEVAH live without a corgi or coffee in my life if I can prevent it. Come piles of dog fur or hot water!

Friday, December 18, 2009

Broccoli-Cheese Chowder


I don't know about you gals, but I loves me some good ol' cheezy broccoli soup, and so does lil' Emmy. Here's a recipe that is using low fat items, so you don't have to feel too guilty about the indulgence into its creaminess. Thank you Eating Well Magazine.
Broccoli-Cheese Chowder

10 comments:

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

I love soup so much. I could eat it every day, all year long.

I love broccoli and cheese!

Ms Sparrow said...

Much as I love soup, cheese soup doesn't appeal to me. I like slurpy soups with lotsa stuff in them. And maybe a grilled cheese sandwich along with it!

Sarah said...

I love yummy soups in cold weather...I just don't like cold weather!

Amrita said...

Wow this is yummy

squawmama said...

I love broccoli cheese soup... and this recipe sounds delish! Will be making it and you are so right it doesn't hurt to cut a few calories... THANKS!!! Have a fun filled day...

(((HUGS)))
Donna

Chatty Crone said...

I love soup too and broccoli and cheese is one of my favorites - I love potato soup too. And the weather here so fits soup today. Cold and rainy.

ClassyChassy said...

One of my favorites - and a low cal version? Let me at it!!!

The Pink Geranium or Jan's Place said...

yum.. I printed it out, love the fact the calories are cut !

Buttercup said...

Broccoli and cheddar is one of my favorites, too. With some nice whole wheat bread this is the perfect meal. Will definitely be trying this recipe.

ocmist said...

Lower fat/calorie Broccoli/Cheese Chowder? Let me at it! I LOVE creamy soups, and the broccoli it GOOD for you too.... hmmm... Thanks so much for sharing. I'm definitel copying this one down!

Y'all come back now...

Y'all come back now...

Everyone is special, and counts!