Summing it Up...

Now, that I'm way on the wrong side of sixty, I feel that being true to self is important. "I yam, what I yam." Kindness and smiles are to be given away. Women are strong. Men are more vulnerable than we believe. Husbands may come and go...but one thing I know for sure is that I will NEVAH live without a corgi or coffee in my life if I can prevent it. Come piles of dog fur or hot water!

Friday, January 22, 2010

A computer helps a diet?

New Year dieting tips~
Know your portion sizes. Make your own "portion pack" to take with you or keep the following common items in mind when preparing and eating meals.
A golf ball is the size of a serving of nuts (including peanut butter) or cheese.
A deck of playing cards is equivalent to 3 ounces of any meat.
Use a die to estimate a proper serving of oils and fats.
For fruit and veggie servings, use a tennis ball.
One serving of cooked grains or potatoes is about the size of a computer mouse.

10 comments:

Ms Sparrow said...

I've just been trying to stick to veggies and fruits as much as I can. The ringing in my ears has been increasing so I'm trying to cut back on salt-that's not easy!
Fortunately, the grocery store is offering good specials on fresh fruits like apples and oranges lately. That stops my cravings for sweets.

Angela said...

Moo! The cows are funny!

Hugs,
Angela

squawmama said...

LOVE the cartoon!!! And thanks for the diet tips... It is that time again when we all get gun ho about dieting... ;-D Have a fun filled day my friend!

(((HUGS)))
Donna

ClassyChassy said...

I've been having a lot of vegan fare lately - it makes me feel better. The tips on portion sizes is real good - I try to keep those in mind at meal times.

Chatty Crone said...

Ah - portion sizes - that is the problem for me - indeed.
Sandie

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Yes well I live in Texas, so our portion sizes are a lot bigger out here. EVERYTHING'S bigger in Texas (especially our rear ends).

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

I hate dieting! There! I said it! Portion control is too darn stressful! Still, thanks for the tips as they really will be helpful when I force myself to measure in my mind! Love the cartoon! Too cute!

LADY JANE said...

We are dieting????? Hmmmm...my New years resolution was to accept chubby...I believe it is in style!

Chatty Crone said...

I gotta be me too! That is so cute! sandie

Chatty Crone said...

It's me again. I forgot to tell you I love that quote by Leo Tolstoy! It's the truth! Sandie

Y'all come back now...

Y'all come back now...

Everyone is special, and counts!