Summing it Up...

Now, that I'm way on the wrong side of sixty, I feel that being true to self is important. "I yam, what I yam." Kindness and smiles are to be given away. Women are strong. Men are more vulnerable than we believe. Husbands may come and go...but one thing I know for sure is that I will NEVAH live without a corgi or coffee in my life if I can prevent it. Come piles of dog fur or hot water!

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Burros, Cranes, Corgis and Cops!

Hello everyone~ Today it's muggy in central Florida. Frankly, a little cooler weather sounds good to me right now. Jim went along with Phil down to Naples to pick up the ebay pop-up for Phil's son. The dogs and I have the "joint" to ourselves, and we're enjoying it. We went into Bushnell, about 6 miles north on 75, and I found a McD's diner, which is just darling inside, have you seen one? Anyway, got my senior coffee and drove through the town where I found a nice library, a beautiful spanish influenced design courthouse, and a good ol' Dollar General where I got some glass ornaments to put on the twig lighted star we have on the windshield.
A-n-y-w-a-y, this is where the cop part comes in.
I made a left turn where I wasn't supposed to. I hadn't noticed the cop RIGHT across the road from me. "She" pulled me over immediately, asking if I hadn't seen the 7 signs saying NOT to make a turn like that. I said, "no," (sublimaly sending a message to her saying, hey, I'm old, don't mess with me)...."I've never been to Bushnell before, and I only know ONE way to get back to the campground, which is where I'm going now." She basically told me to get outta dodge, and never come back. I think she looked in, saw the corgis and the Dollar General bag and knew I was harmless. Whew! I shook all 6 miles back to Sumter Oaks RV Park. I'm pretty sure the dogs were snickering in the back seat.
When we pulled into the park, we saw a fenced off farm like area at the edge of the property where some burros stood. Two were very pregnant, there was a young one with bristly hair, and several others that moseyed over to the open car window where Jake had his head out as far as he could. They were just as interested in him. I told them we'd bring apples over later. Addie snarled in the back seat and stayed low. She doesn't do well with other species. We drove over to the "other" far side of the park property and saw three majestic Sand Hill Cranes. They were very large bodied, the size of a corgi, with long flamingo like necks, big bills, red tufted heads with a white stripe at the eye. Their legs were jointed and probably close to 3 feet long. Jake stuck his head out again to view the wildlife here. Addie didn't look up this time. A nice neighbor lady told us what these birds were called. They look a lot like blue herons but heavier in body and not the long pointy bill.
Tonight there is an ice-cream social which is what Escapees are known for on Sunday evenings. Everyone takes a dollar and you get a sundae. Not sure if the boys will be back in time by 6pm.
So~for a gal who just wanted a nice quiet day, it was pretty eventful. The corgis are sleeping off all the excitement as I type.

No comments:

Y'all come back now...

Y'all come back now...

Everyone is special, and counts!