Summing it Up...

Now, that I'm way on the wrong side of sixty, I feel that being true to self is important. "I yam, what I yam." Kindness and smiles are to be given away. Women are strong. Men are more vulnerable than we believe. Husbands may come and go...but one thing I know for sure is that I will NEVAH live without a corgi or coffee in my life if I can prevent it. Come piles of dog fur or hot water!

Monday, December 04, 2006

The heat will be on tonight.


We woke up to a cooler Florida this morning. We began to pack up to head North, but soon lost interest. We did some preliminary stuff to get "ready" to come home, then went out joyriding on country roads. We looked for the burros and sand hill cranes to take photos, but no luck, they weren't around today. We went through Brooksville, Floral City, Inverness and Hernando. All small towns with historical courthouses, rivers or lakes in them. I will say that the towns are not "pretty" like northern towns. They look shabby somewhat, and the litter in Florida is terrible. I've noticed it this entire trip. We don't know if it's the tourist, people just don't care, or there aren't groups like other states have that volunteer to keep an area clean. In Hernando we found the stilt house where Jim's dad lived for a time on the Withlacoochee river. It was "WAY" back in the dense palm/live oak/ cypress/wild vegetation forest area and it was a little spooky. The song from Deliverance kept going through my head....!
Anyway~the full moon on the way back to the rv made the blue-pink sky an awesome sight, and Christmas lights added charm as we went through canopyed avenues (the spanish moss hangs from the live oaks, and closes up over the road looking like a tunnel) made us think that "this" is what Florida looked like in days gone by before every square inch was covered with a building. I will say that mid-Florida has lots of horses, cows and pasture land. The tourist dollars aren't in Citrus, Hernando and Sumter counties. People actually live here, not tourists, so the glitz and chain stores aren't in this area. Jim saw a bumpersticker that said..."Be a Gator, or be Gator bait." Dah-dah-dumdum...doodoodoodoo. D-e-l-i-v-e-r-a-n-c-e !!

No comments:

Y'all come back now...

Y'all come back now...

Everyone is special, and counts!