Summing it Up...

Now, that I'm way on the wrong side of sixty, I feel that being true to self is important. "I yam, what I yam." Kindness and smiles are to be given away. Women are strong. Men are more vulnerable than we believe. Husbands may come and go...but one thing I know for sure is that I will NEVAH live without a corgi or coffee in my life if I can prevent it. Come piles of dog fur or hot water!

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Headin' South...


We moved to Zephyrhills today, twenty some miles more south and closer to Largo for our family visits. We're not wild about the RV park...a 55 & older senior park (ouch!)...it's on a busy road, larger city, but stuff is near, Largo is closer, a big medical center is here a-n-d we have 2 sets of fellow Winnebago club members from Indiana nearby. There's an open fruit/vegetable market just down the road, and I spotted a Hospice thrift store a little farther down. So some day, we'll need to explore the area, and see what's around. One good thing...we've been looking for a church to attend, and have only found Baptist..they have a service right here, in the activity room on Sunday mornings, so we go there. Problem solved. Tomorrow we all go to Sarasota for the January snowbird gathering of Hoosier Winnebago club members at an Amish (?? in Florida??) restaurant.
It was hot and muggy today. Last night the rains didn't quit, and some flooding was here and there. Neither one of us slept well as the rain rat-a-tat-tatted all darn night, and was a percussion nightmare!! We're going to watch the finale of Deal or no deal...then nightie night...we leave at 9:30 in the morning. I've GOT to sit out in the sunshine at some point this winter...I want some brown skin to show for our wintering in Florida.

No comments:

Y'all come back now...

Y'all come back now...

Everyone is special, and counts!