Summing it Up...

Now, that I'm way on the wrong side of sixty, I feel that being true to self is important. "I yam, what I yam." Kindness and smiles are to be given away. Women are strong. Men are more vulnerable than we believe. Husbands may come and go...but one thing I know for sure is that I will NEVAH live without a corgi or coffee in my life if I can prevent it. Come piles of dog fur or hot water!

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Cold and Curious....


It's cold again in Florida, and to us at least, it feels good. We don't like humidity so these cooler days inspire us to get out and about.
Yesterday, after a couple of days of being slugbugs in the rv, we drove around, toured a 2-million dollar Prevost, just for fun... and found St. Leo's Abbey, where the church that orange juice built is. I had been to St. Meinrad before, a restful retreat for monks and those who seek it, in southern Indiana; said to be "the competition" by one of the humorous monks we met yesterday. The Benedictine Monks of Florida live, work, and teach on the lovely grounds with fantastic colorful gardens, the lake (Jovita),and there are 2 grottos across St. Rd 52, nestled in a fern floored woods. (What a sense of peace, tranquilty and awe we felt, walking through that serene setting.) The St. Leo University campus is to the right of the compound, and the Holy Name Monastery for the Benedictine Sisters is a half mile west. To learn more about St. Leo please visit this informative site: www.saintleoabbey.org

No comments:

Y'all come back now...

Y'all come back now...

Everyone is special, and counts!