Summing it Up...

Now, that I'm way on the wrong side of sixty, I feel that being true to self is important. "I yam, what I yam." Kindness and smiles are to be given away. Women are strong. Men are more vulnerable than we believe. Husbands may come and go...but one thing I know for sure is that I will NEVAH live without a corgi or coffee in my life if I can prevent it. Come piles of dog fur or hot water!

Sunday, March 16, 2008

One more week....






West of Plant City, off I-4, near exit 10 there is an unusual sight that is causing quite a stir in Florida. Frank Bates, the president of Bate's RV hopes the eight "planted" junked Airstreams will become an American roadside icon, where nearby neighbors, and Hillsbourgh county code inspectors want to shoot those hopes down. I will admit, the first time we saw it in January, our heads spun around. Art or Trash, has always been a personal point of view.
I'm always marveling at the bird life as we drive on county roads, especially on back roads, and spotted a rosetta spoonbill this week. I thought it was a flamingo, but the area was all wrong, and Kathy, one of the Winnebago gang here in Florida this winter too, identified it correctly for me.
The corgi kids had a good time at one of the Largo parks with Jim, son David, and grandsons Issac/Isaiah while I visited with Mom. We stopped at Crabby Bills for broiled grouper, salad and hushpuppies, and watched the sunset on Tampa Bay, then drove the new section of Florida Turnpike on the way home, just to see where we would end up.
This week we hope to do the Dade City Trolley Tour of their historical downtown and Jim hopes to visit the Florida Air Museum near Lakeland. We're counting down the days left in Florida, and will head home on Monday the 24th of March.
Lil' Emmy's personality shines now at 13 months old, and I stole this pic off her mama's site as I thought it was so cute. Hey, it's a grammy thing....
Don't forget to wear green tomorrow, unless you enjoy a good pinch!

No comments:

Y'all come back now...

Y'all come back now...

Everyone is special, and counts!