Summing it Up...

Now, that I'm way on the wrong side of sixty, I feel that being true to self is important. "I yam, what I yam." Kindness and smiles are to be given away. Women are strong. Men are more vulnerable than we believe. Husbands may come and go...but one thing I know for sure is that I will NEVAH live without a corgi or coffee in my life if I can prevent it. Come piles of dog fur or hot water!

Monday, September 22, 2008

Jim in the Spotlight...






Jim called tonight with the news that he is one of the recipients for the Illinois Outstanding Volunteer of the Year Awards; given by the Department of Natural Resources. He received a nice pin from Dan, the Park Superintendent today. Believe me, the boy has earned it this year! He lovingly puts in 10 to 12 hour days as a park volunteer. He grew up camping as a boy at White Pines Forest State Park, near Oregon/Polo/Mt. Morris, Illinois, and about ten miles away from Dixon; Ronnie Reagan's boyhood town. Jim loves the park so much, and has worked the past three summers there as Camp-Host. This year he is... in essence, the ambassador, spreading good will through the camp-sites. He also takes great pride in keeping the park spotlessly clean for the picnic folks, and campers. He is the information dude at the permit station on weekends. He works as a team player with the rangers, and has gained their respect over the years. Campers love him, and a little girl who is a regular, always sprinkles him with "pixie dust."
Congratulations Jim...you very much deserve this recognition! The corgi kids, and your Mrs. are very proud of you!

No comments:

Y'all come back now...

Y'all come back now...

Everyone is special, and counts!