Summing it Up...

Now, that I'm way on the wrong side of sixty, I feel that being true to self is important. "I yam, what I yam." Kindness and smiles are to be given away. Women are strong. Men are more vulnerable than we believe. Husbands may come and go...but one thing I know for sure is that I will NEVAH live without a corgi or coffee in my life if I can prevent it. Come piles of dog fur or hot water!

Thursday, October 02, 2008

Happy October...

The trip to NC went by too quickly. We were amazed by the color in West Virginia, and north-central North Carolina. Much more than in Indiana! Emmy enjoyed having her Great-Gram, called "GG," sit with her at her little table and chairs to color. We had grits. We saw a fox. We saw deer in the kids' backyard. It was just nice to have four generations of apple-cheeked women all together.We fed the ducks at Sarah Duke Gardens on campus.Emmy got a new kiddie-sized table and chairs to eat and color at.Em has become a clean freak, and loves to swiffer!
I love October, don't you? There's just something about it. It's always been my fav, most likely, because, it's my birthday month; cider is here, which is terrific hot with cinnamon on top; skies are bluer and the air is crisper.

"Vote for the man who promises least. He'll be the least disappointing." Bernard Baruch

1 comment:

April said...

great to have you down...can't believe we forgot to do the 4 generation pic!

Y'all come back now...

Y'all come back now...

Everyone is special, and counts!