Summing it Up...

Now, that I'm way on the wrong side of sixty, I feel that being true to self is important. "I yam, what I yam." Kindness and smiles are to be given away. Women are strong. Men are more vulnerable than we believe. Husbands may come and go...but one thing I know for sure is that I will NEVAH live without a corgi or coffee in my life if I can prevent it. Come piles of dog fur or hot water!

Thursday, November 06, 2008

I'm clicking my ruby slippers as we unload the motorhome, catch up on skads of laundry, and face a mess of chores. Oh well...we're home! I'm thrilled to get back to a full sized shower, and a fifty gallon water heater; washer and dryer that don't require quarters, and our KING sized bed! The corgi kids are happy to have more room to roam, and their fenced in back yard.
Jim, I don't think is as happy to be back eventho he's been gone, virtually since Memorial Weekend. There are eaves to clean, and before winter chores to get done. Sigh....it's always so good to go. So good to come back. Why do leaves fall, grass grow, cobwebs happen, if the house isn't being used?

2 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

I'd love to meet you some day too -kindred spirits? I was born in Chicago, but the rest of my family were born and raised in Indianapolis . . . I've been there many, many times.

Chatty Crone said...

You are absolutely right. We spend our youth growing up and we spend our old age growing down. It's more fun the second half - don't you agree?

Y'all come back now...

Y'all come back now...

Everyone is special, and counts!