Summing it Up...

Now, that I'm way on the wrong side of sixty, I feel that being true to self is important. "I yam, what I yam." Kindness and smiles are to be given away. Women are strong. Men are more vulnerable than we believe. Husbands may come and go...but one thing I know for sure is that I will NEVAH live without a corgi or coffee in my life if I can prevent it. Come piles of dog fur or hot water!

Friday, November 21, 2008

Two Years...already???

Today is the second anniversary of this blog. I can't believe how much we were able to travel the past two years, and how fast that time went.
We took a chance, quit our jobs, and were able to live a dream many have...to see America while still young enough to enjoy it. It was a gift we gave ourselves. We've met wonderful people across this land, and have been awestruck by the beauty that America beholds. We don't plan to visit another country because there is SO much to see and do and experience here.
Each state is vastly different. The landscape, terrain, food, customs, and accents of the locals all vary so much, from state line to the next. There's still much to see, but, reality bites, and we're going back to work. The motorhome has been put to bed for the Winter, but come Spring, the old girl will get fired up again. Just not as often, or for as long on the road. It will be weekends, and vacations for us until our "real" retirement. What a ride though, and what fun it has been to share it all with you folks.

1 comment:

Chatty Crone said...

I guess I found your Blog towards the end of the trip. Do you have jobs to come back too - or get new ones? Good luck and I hope you keep up your Blog - it's great.

Y'all come back now...

Y'all come back now...

Everyone is special, and counts!