Summing it Up...

Now, that I'm way on the wrong side of sixty, I feel that being true to self is important. "I yam, what I yam." Kindness and smiles are to be given away. Women are strong. Men are more vulnerable than we believe. Husbands may come and go...but one thing I know for sure is that I will NEVAH live without a corgi or coffee in my life if I can prevent it. Come piles of dog fur or hot water!

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Are you counting points?

I find it easier to utilize the Weight Watcher point system, rather than measuring every bite, and counting calories or carbs. I thought I'd give you the point value of some of my favorite things.


Laughing Cow wedge~1 point
Eggbeaters~1 point per 1/4 cup
Fiber One cereal~0 points per 1/4 cup because of the high fiber content. So eat lots!
White Castle Cheeseburger~4 points
Apple Dips from McD's~2 points, that's with the caramel sauce!
Egg McMuffin~7 points

"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company...a church...a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past..we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you...we are in charge of our Attitudes."
~Charles Swindoll

5 comments:

ocmist said...

Ooo, Love your music. My sister is counting points and it seems to be working ok for her. I've been going through a different program, but being here in Florida, I haven't had a chance recently to log into my online board. Just wanted to say hi, for a minute, and glad to see you're working on it. I am trying to stay on a half-way decent program while here... We'll see how well I did when I get home. Lind

Chatty Crone said...

I'm on weight watchers too - they started a new program here called Momentum.

Right on about attitude.

NCmountainwoman said...

Oh, I couldn't agree more. It's ALL about attitude. Wish I had learned that fact earlier in life.

Cathy Santarsiero, "The Christmas Corgi" said...

You are inspiring me to try my diet again. I remember a favorite snack while on WW was carrot sticks or baby carrots with salsa. It was like zero points I think!

Cathie said...

Oh my gosh, stumbled on your blog from someone elses art blog and had to pay you a visit. We too are cori parents (of two corgis!) our Gizmo looks like your corgi. Do come by and pay a visit scroll down to the corgi snow pictures!
So nice to meet you.

Y'all come back now...

Y'all come back now...

Everyone is special, and counts!