Summing it Up...

Now, that I'm way on the wrong side of sixty, I feel that being true to self is important. "I yam, what I yam." Kindness and smiles are to be given away. Women are strong. Men are more vulnerable than we believe. Husbands may come and go...but one thing I know for sure is that I will NEVAH live without a corgi or coffee in my life if I can prevent it. Come piles of dog fur or hot water!

Friday, January 23, 2009




According to James Pennebaker, a psychologist, "Writing" about our emotional woes at least 15 minutes a day, makes a physical and emotional difference to our health and demeanor.
Bottled up feelings get released, and that relieves our stress.
Journal writing is said to help folks with asthma and arthritis too!
So...let's all pick up our pens, our keyboards, and get busy and write those pesky whines down in print!
For more info like this, and on many various subjects, please take a moment for yourself (it IS therapy, after all...) and visit the Everyday Health site. Lots of good reading for you there, and it's cheap!

11 comments:

squawmama said...

This was all very good information... I have kept a journal for years and it does make you feel good to write down your feelings and thoughts... Great post today... Have a good one.

(((HUGS)))
Donna

Karol said...

Interesting information! BTW: It is 70° here today and sunny. But earlier this week it was very cold and in the 40's for the high. (Eeks.)

I love the music on your blog.

Have a super weekend. It will be spring before you know it!

Karol :0)

Jenni B said...

Hello! Congratulations! You won my blog giveaway and a set of lovely Valentine Cupcake Picks are yours!

Just send me an email (jennibowman@hotmail.com) with your shipping information and I'll get those to you.

Thanks!

Jenni B

Anonymous said...

Thank you for such a wonderful comment on my blog! I was delighted to find you talk about Dr. Pennebaker - I have used his research for quite some time now and met him last March. We are moving the research on to burden of disclosure on writing teachers! How exciting is this?

~Kelly

unDeniably Domestic

Judypatooote said...

Thanks for stopping by my sight... your life sounds heavenly....I would want the cottage to call home too though, but traveling with your honey sound wonderful... I find a friend in anyone that loves dogs....yours is so cute..... judy

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

This is so true, it helps to put your thoughts down...thanks for all your sweet comments on my art work. I do take special orders if anyone is interested. I retired at 58, because of health problems. 5 knee surgeries and 2 total replacements. Hubby and I love to travel, even though we have a camper, he doesn't like to travel in it. It stays at our property in western MS. for hunting perposes.
Love reading your blog.
Molly (aka) Marjorie

Joanne Kennedy said...

What a great reminder for everyone! Sounds like you are doing great on your A BETTER ME!

Thanks for posting about the WW points too.

I am checking in on all my BETTER ME gals. Just wanted to remind you that if you need anything or need someone to talk to I'm here for you.

Hugs,
Joanne

Chatty Crone said...

What a great reminder! Thank you. I keep a journal - but I forget some times (and it may be a long 'some time'). It does help - so why do I do that? I'm going to get mine back out and start tonight! Have been really busy.

Lorri said...

Very interesting. I know that journaling keeps me focused on my goals, never thought much about emotional health. HMMMM. Food for thought.

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Halloo me dear...running over form me own blog to bother ye...what are YE doing up so late...you're going to catch a chill!

LADY JANE said...

Corgi Momma?

Y'all come back now...

Y'all come back now...

Everyone is special, and counts!