Summing it Up...

Now, that I'm way on the wrong side of sixty, I feel that being true to self is important. "I yam, what I yam." Kindness and smiles are to be given away. Women are strong. Men are more vulnerable than we believe. Husbands may come and go...but one thing I know for sure is that I will NEVAH live without a corgi or coffee in my life if I can prevent it. Come piles of dog fur or hot water!

Monday, March 30, 2009

In a strange mood...


Spring is extremely fickle. We had sunshine, wind, thunderstorms and lightening, and even snow over a 24-hour period this weekend. Very, very strange.
The corgi kids and I did go see the pinto ponies, white-faced sheep and the old draft horse. The horses came up to the fence, and were up on a hill, looking extremely oversized to Addie inside the Malibu. She barked her head off, and hurled herself around the confines of the car. Jake and I just shook our heads, and considered the source. (Crazy, female, stout little ol' corgi girl.) Jake, our male, is so easy going, just hangs out the window, stretching as far as he can to say hello to his equine friends. I think that most of the Midwest had some weather surprises over the weekend. By now....we sort of expect it here. It's a cuckoo place to live!
This time of year makes us itchy to get into the motorhome and plan a getaway.
Our first Winnebago club gathering is mid-April at a county park along the White River near Indianapolis. It's a favorite place of ours to go, and it's good to catch up with the Hoosier gang of RV'ers. This time of year makes me feel overwhelmed somewhat too, what with facing all the needed yard work, and cleaning out and preparing for a spring yard sale. Fulltiming, and paring down to only what can fit into 32-feet sounds pretty appealing. Sigh, come on stock market...raise your arms up and stretch!

5 comments:

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

Yep, I think we all are getting weird weather this Spring. I have had the rambling fever myself lately. DH hasn't been feelin well larely so much sinus infection till he doesn't want to go anywhere...so I signed up to go to Branson, MO. on the 27th of April with my Church Sr.group...that sounds so funny ...Seniors, never think of myself as a
senior but guess I am.
Hope you have fun on your trip.

ClassyChassy said...

That sounds like fun...But, we are stuck doing nothing much again this year - maybe a trail ride or two - because Mr. Wonderful started a new job in January. So thankful he is working still, and I cannot complain much. It is a bummer that since we have been married, we have never been able to have a vacation or a getaway for more than 2 nights. I keep thinking 'next year', but every year something happens and we don't go anywhere. At least we live in a paradise, so it's almost like going camping every day of the year - esp when we cook out (nearly every night!)

Chatty Crone said...

Mom was right about everything - I love it and it is so true!

March and April signify life and change - and the weather knows it.

Sounds like you and Jim are going to be busy. The little Corgi's sound so sweet.

My mom and brother were born in Indianapolis and my dad in Roachdale Indiana - what a name.

Sarah said...

Your new Background Fairy addition looks great...love those pointing fingers!

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

At least you got weather up there. We ain't got nuthin' but dust down here.

I have to SWEEP my poor yard. It's all dust.

*sigh*

Yer RV group sounds fun! Hope gas stays down and stops creepin' up.

Y'all come back now...

Y'all come back now...

Everyone is special, and counts!