Summing it Up...

Now, that I'm way on the wrong side of sixty, I feel that being true to self is important. "I yam, what I yam." Kindness and smiles are to be given away. Women are strong. Men are more vulnerable than we believe. Husbands may come and go...but one thing I know for sure is that I will NEVAH live without a corgi or coffee in my life if I can prevent it. Come piles of dog fur or hot water!

Monday, April 13, 2009

Dog tools...



We went to the big city, Ft. Wayne today to take our laptop in to be serviced. Luckily it's still under warranty, as the hard drive is shot.
We stopped at a large Pet Store chain, after an early supper at LoneStar, and stocked up on squeaky dog balls, nylabones, and found the Furminator.

This is a deshedding tool, that is an incredible find for our two hairy, double-coated corgi kids! Its patented design helps stop shedding by 90%, by working in the undercoat. We quickly filled up a small trash can, and soon had silky, shiny coated corgis, much to our delight!
The dang thing is fifty bucks....dang pricey, but for two never ending shedding corgis...who live inside, on our furniture, in our bed, NECESSARY!

This is what the piles looked like under our two furkids! Isn't it amazing how much fluff comes out of these pets?
With better planning we could have bought this cheaper somewhere else, like ebay, amazon, or QVC...I'd check there if you're thinking of purchasing one!

13 comments:

Robin said...

OMG!! That's lot of hair! Lonestar.....yumm, their filet mignon is the best!!!

JeanMac said...

Wow! I think Buddy, our long haired cat needs this!

Infrared Goggles said...

OK, I almost bought one, but wanted to know what a trusted Corgi owner thought of it first. Sold! Thanks for sharing the tip. :)
Warmly,
Christiane

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

I'm saving up for a Furminator! What a tool! Otherwise, that fluff comes off the dog (or the cats) and right into your carpet, floor, car, etc!!! Amazing pictures off all that "floof" that is hding under the outer hairs of the their coats!

ClassyChassy said...

My mom bought a furminator for me last year. I use it on the horses too - works great on cats and dogs - but some of the corgis hate it. One of them grabbed it when I was not in the room and ate a hole in the handle! Thievin' Corgi! Mom got it cheaper on QVC - I think it was $28.00, which I thought was high till I read your post!

ocmist said...

Think I'll check on Ebay or QVC... Looks like it does a great job, though I don't know what we'd do without our dusty bunny herd around here...

Sounds like you had fun on your trip! I LOVE the beautiful pics you put on your blog pages... and the vintage pics, too!

My first car was a 54 Studebaker Lark Stationwagon. Those old cars sure bring back the memories, don't they.

I really need to get over here more often... Such a breath of fresh air! (Not that I don't have plenty of fresh air out here... Unless the dogs have eaten a squirrel or bunny, of course!

Oh, and thanks for all your cute comments on my pooches' blog!
Linda (OC's Mom)

Kelly said...

I love my furminator! I found it for way cheap on eBay though, I think around $18!

Judypatooote said...

My son had one of those. I don't know if it cost that much, but it was to take that undercoat out... my Max sheds so much, and I get a huge bag full when I brush him... which reminds me I need to do that again soon.... they say to throw dog hair out side for the birds. They gather it up for their nests.
judy

Chatty Crone said...

The furmanator - what an awesome name. I have never seen so much hair like that. Yikes

We have Scrappy a short hair puggle . . .

Hope you're having a good day.

LADY JANE said...

Socks! Yeah!

Infrared Goggles said...

I tagged you to play a blog game called ONLY 8! Check out my blog to find out how to play!
Warmly, Christiane

NCmountainwoman said...

I don't know what we did before we had the Furminator. Absolutely great for Golden Retrievers.

First Draught Farm said...

Thanks for the tips on the Furminator! I didn't want to spend the money without hearing some feedback! YIKES on those piles!!

Y'all come back now...

Y'all come back now...

Everyone is special, and counts!