Summing it Up...
Now, that I'm way on the wrong side of sixty, I feel that being true to self is important. "I yam, what I yam." Kindness and smiles are to be given away. Women are strong. Men are more vulnerable than we believe. Husbands may come and go...but one thing I know for sure is that I will NEVAH live without a corgi or coffee in my life if I can prevent it. Come piles of dog fur or hot water!
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
I'll start off with an apology to the victims...
Wowsers...that little stinker, Christiane, from Infared Goggles, tagged me with the "8" things tag that's going around bloggieland.
8 things I am looking forward to~
1. Spring, and warmer weather. It's not here yet!
2. Planting flowers and veggies.
3. Our upcoming trip to see the Florida kids, and grandsons; then on to North
Carolina to see those kids, and lil' Emmy! We haven't taken a road trip since
coming home early in November.
4. Getting some painting and updated decor work done inside our home.
5. Having a yard sale later this Spring, and getting rid of "stuff" that's
just taking up space.
6. Sitting out on the screened porch during a rainstorm. Hearing the rain go pitter
pat on the leaves.
7. Seeing the future unfold in the grandkids lives.
8. To seeing the economy get a little better.
8 things I did yesterday~
1. Got up early to hit Wal-Mart, and totally filled the cart, emptying the
2. Worked on packing the motorhome, getting it ready for our weekend outing with
the Winnebago group for the season opener.
3. Took Josh to his annual Doctor appointment at the local clinic.
4. Hit CVS for prescriptions, mine and for Josh.
5. Cooked BBQ in the crock pot for supper.
7. Listened to Kristin Hannah's new book on audio. True Colors...pretty good!
8. Ate some ice cream....naughty, I know!
8 things I wish I could do~
1. Have an acre or two, with a little woods, and a crooked creek on it.
2. Live in a small log cabin.
3. Have two sheep to eat the grass, and to entertain the corgis.
4. Have a handful of chickens to gather an egg or two a day, countrified bliss.
5. Walk all over town the way I used to before both knees got bone on bone.
6. Be the woman I was at age forty-five...physically and mentally.
7. Write a children's book, dedicated to lil' Emmy, and it would be about corgis.
8. Communicate better with those that I care about.
8 shows I like~
1. Barefoot Contessa on Food Channel
2. Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives on Food Channel
4. Jon, Kate, Plus 8
5. NBS Nightly News
6. Glenn Beck on CNN
7. America's Got Talent, on in the summer
8. Design on a Dime on TLC
8 people I tag~
1. Chatty Crone
2. Daughter April
3. Miss Janice
4. Deb at Tea and Photos
5. Lady Jane
8. Sunday Baker