Summing it Up...

Now, that I'm way on the wrong side of sixty, I feel that being true to self is important. "I yam, what I yam." Kindness and smiles are to be given away. Women are strong. Men are more vulnerable than we believe. Husbands may come and go...but one thing I know for sure is that I will NEVAH live without a corgi or coffee in my life if I can prevent it. Come piles of dog fur or hot water!

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Whale .VS. Mermaid thinking...


We are in an age when media puts into our heads the idea that only skinny people are beautiful, but I prefer to enjoy an ice cream with my grandkids, a good dinner with a man who makes me shiver and a latte with my friends. With time, we gain weight because we accumulate so much information and wisdom in our heads that when there is no more room, it distributes out to the rest of our bodies. So we aren't heavy, we are enormously cultured, educated and happy. Beginning today, when I look at my butt in the mirror I will think, "Good gosh, look how smart I am"!

~from an email

10 comments:

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Well, dearie, if that theory is true, I guess the scale is indicating not my poundage, but my IQ points. WOW, I'm a GENIUS!!!

LOL...

squawmama said...

This was so cute... I must be the most enormously cultured, educated and happy person on the earth... YEAH!!! Thanks for the info. LOL LOL

(((HUGS)))
Donna

Coloradolady said...

I feel a bit better knowing my problem is just the simple fact that I am so smart my body can not stand it! Ha. Good one.....

JeanMac said...

I feel so relieved:)

Buttercup said...

I'm with Penniwig, I must be a genius. Love the train of thought.

ClassyChassy said...

That is a cute post today - and we must all be genius'! Thanks for the smiles!

Chatty Crone said...

So that is the reason I'm overweight! I knew it couldn't be because I ate too much!

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

Well I'm a very smart cookie if that is true...I am the smartest person in the world...lol...

MYCLOSETGARDEN said...

What a good way of thinking about that. I agree, I think the media and society is saturated with the idea that thin is attractive along with many other beauty standards. Great post!!

Thanks for the comment on my blog :)

Cindy said...

LOL!

-c
yapping cat

Y'all come back now...

Y'all come back now...

Everyone is special, and counts!