Summing it Up...

Now, that I'm way on the wrong side of sixty, I feel that being true to self is important. "I yam, what I yam." Kindness and smiles are to be given away. Women are strong. Men are more vulnerable than we believe. Husbands may come and go...but one thing I know for sure is that I will NEVAH live without a corgi or coffee in my life if I can prevent it. Come piles of dog fur or hot water!

Monday, August 10, 2009

Nice night for a boat ride...

Nothings prettier than the view from a lake on a summer's evening.




We had a nice evening. We went to a small lake town about 25 miles away, where my son Josh goes to camp each year. We rode the Dixie, an eighty year old landmark in North Webster, and thoroughly enjoyed our hour on the lake.

The captain for tonight's boat ride is a businessman that has a printing company in three small towns; ours included. We thought that he looked familiar!




The boat docks in the town park, and remains there all year long.
They have a tiny beach, and a pizza joint nearby, making this area popular for the lake visitors and summer tourists.



We skimmed the shoreline, and listened to the interesting narration, telling of the history of the paddle wheeler.

Jim saved popcorn to feed the ducks after the ride. It's customary to dump all the popcorn after each run, and the ducks were ready and waiting! What a swarm. There were large groupings of swans on the lake as well, which we thought unusual.



Twelve years ago today, Jim and I got hitched after knowing each other less than three months. Another middle aged crazy thing we did...the first of many, come to find out!

13 comments:

Buttercup said...

Happy anniversary and wishes for many more! I do love a good romance and there's nothing sweeter than romance for those of us far from high school.

Sarah said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Sounds and looks like you had a very enjoyable evening. I'll bet you even acted like newly weds :) Ain't life grand when you get to be our age!!!

JeanMac said...

Hey! Congratulations.Wishes for many more. I love boat rides, yours sounds charming.

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

My anniversary always makes me so nervous I could just jump right out of my skin...glad you had a fun time. I'd love to see a swan in real life!

Robin said...

Happy 12th Anniversary! What a beautiful way to celebrate...that boat ride sounds like a lot of fun. Hubby and I celebrated our 12th anniversary with our trip to NC:)

Chatty Crone said...

First of all - love your new blog look.

Second of all HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

I'm glad you two had such a wonderful anniversary date.

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

And it looks like a great time was had by all. Happy Anniversary. Hope you have many many more.
My.....Aug. should be called the month of weddings instead of July...lol...

LADY JANE said...

Happy Anniversary! So your Jim is a smart man after all...saw your precious face and snagged you right up...lol...after dating my Jimmy for 17 years...I'm not yet sure...I don't want to be his rebound ya know! Hey girl...I posted...with pics finally...stop to say howdy! Have you had the great yard sale yet?

squawmama said...

Happy Anniversary my friend... I only knew my husband 3 months too and we are about to have 41 years... and still happy!

(((HUGS)))
Donna

Creations from my heart said...

Thanks for stopping by. what a wonderful evening you both had on your anniversary. 3 months hugh. my husband and I dated 11 years before getting married! We've been married 21 years. Blessings...Sherry

ClassyChassy said...

Happy late anniversary wishes - you are still married after dating only 3 months? That has to be a record! You both must match in CRAZINESS! Congratulations - and hope you have many more years of bliss ahead of you!

Lizzie said...

that looks so peaceful and fun! Thanks for sharing :)

Oh and thanks for stopping by my place earlier!!

Chatty Crone said...

Good luck on your Herb Sale and Fair tomorrow!

Y'all come back now...

Y'all come back now...

Everyone is special, and counts!