Summing it Up...

Now, that I'm way on the wrong side of sixty, I feel that being true to self is important. "I yam, what I yam." Kindness and smiles are to be given away. Women are strong. Men are more vulnerable than we believe. Husbands may come and go...but one thing I know for sure is that I will NEVAH live without a corgi or coffee in my life if I can prevent it. Come piles of dog fur or hot water!

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Whew...it's over!

.
The day began very early after a very short night. We were setting up, a half hour from home, by 7am for today's HerbFest.


Our booth looked great, and folks kept asking us if we had a store. When we told them that we just decided to do this a few weeks ago, they couldn't believe it! They really liked our displays too. My pal Melody is a natural window dresser, so all of the credit goes to her for that.

It was a good day. Mel did extremely well, and made the equivilant of several paychecks. All of son Josh's cinnamon ornaments sold. Everyone wanted them to scent their cars, and loved the fact that they were hummingbird shaped. I was hoping for at least $25, but ended up with just under $50. Remember, I basically was selling my "angry menopausal" women cards, and loved hearing women giggle, and see them elbow each other. Hey...they got the point, which thrilled me...I am not alone in this moody journey!

Our spot was under a tree, and until high noon and afternoon sun of a day pushing 90, we were pretty comfortable. Plus, the ladies room was directly across the sidewalk. N-i-c-e!
Our booth was right next door to a renaissance group of ladies, selling medieval herbs. Very interesting. Did you notice their dress, and the gargoyles in front of their round tent?
Thanks to Jim for helping set up and tear down after a long, tiring day.
We're doing it next year, and hoping for the same spot.
Just think what we can do, creating stuff all year long!

11 comments:

April said...

wow! what a neat booth! I might have to come up and join you girls next year at the Herb Fest! I can bring some creations to hawk too! So glad to hear your cards did so well...yes, there are other women out there to share your warped sense of humor!

Sarah said...

What a colorful and inviting booth you gals arranged! I'm not surprised that your cards were a hit...they carry such down to earth messages that some of us can relate to!!!

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

You did great, m'dear!!! Especially in this economy, to sell cards is really tough -- there is a need for your cards!!! I wish you could go national. YES, start creating for next year, too!!!

Congrats to Josh for his cinnamon hummers selling so well. I'm not a bit surprised, that's really unusual to find and also, the cinnamon is natural unlike in so many smell-good items!!!

Your booth looks great! So welcoming!

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

Looks like y'all had fun, hope you get alot ready for next year.
Molly

ClassyChassy said...

I'm so glad you posted some pictures - that booth looks great!!! Congrats to all on the sales! The women in costume add an interesting touch! Maybe next year you should each dress up in menopausal garb to add extra 'zing' to your set-up! Just kidding, but its a thought! Great to see everything - wish I lived closer!

Chatty Crone said...

Your booth was just awesome. Do the other girls work - maybe you could set up a little store.

It looked like a great spot and the weather cooperated.

Now for your garage sale!

I know you're cards were awesome.

Buttercup said...

I wish I could have been there. It looks like a perfect day.

LADY JANE said...

Wow...I missed it,,,I think I had best plan to come next year! Your booth is wonderful..merchandising is everything..plus your fun cards...and of course a fun gal like you! The weather has been steamy around here huh?
I am hoping for a slow-down around here so we can try to get together....
Any fall road trips planned?
We...or shall I say I have begun the shower prep so you know I'm keeping out of trouble!
I don't know why my posts never update...and why I am "loosing followers! I'll try to fix it...but you know me...duh?Hugs for now...rest up Sista!
Oh...and lol about the "corgi" material award...my...your juices of creativity are wonderful...perhaps I will get my corgi socks in time for winter! Hugs!

Chatty Crone said...

Love your new quote - so true.

Robin said...

Congrats on your successful day! Sounds just enchanting:)

ocmist said...

Wow! Sounds like a really great day! Beautiful displays, great spot, not TOO hot, though maybe a bit uncomfortable. I'll bet there were a lot of great smelling herbs around, too. I especially love lavendar. Cinnamon hummingbirds sound like great air fresheners, too! I'll have to look around your site more for those cards. Linda

Y'all come back now...

Y'all come back now...

Everyone is special, and counts!