Summing it Up...

Now, that I'm way on the wrong side of sixty, I feel that being true to self is important. "I yam, what I yam." Kindness and smiles are to be given away. Women are strong. Men are more vulnerable than we believe. Husbands may come and go...but one thing I know for sure is that I will NEVAH live without a corgi or coffee in my life if I can prevent it. Come piles of dog fur or hot water!

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

(11/30)


Sunny days! Jim's mom is breathing easier in Indiana than in Colorado. Can walk around some without the oxygen on! Made a great pot of soup, that I call clean out the refrig soup. (Leek, onion, carrots, celery, wild rice, lentils, V8, fire roasted tomatoes, chicken broth, broccoli and cauliflower, bouillon, garlic, pepper, bayleaf, cumin, and butternut squash. It made a huge pot, and was yummy! Thank you to our veteran's. Blessings, blessings, everywhere!

7 comments:

Buttercup said...

Your soup sounds great. It's starting to get chilly again and I think it's soup time in NYC.

♥Mimi♥ said...

Sounds like you make the same kind of soup I do or sometimes stew! Waste not want not.

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

I'm glad Jim's Mom made the trip safely and is doing better, that soup sounds like my kind of soup. Momma used to make that kind, what was in frig went into it.
Hope you keep having sunshiny days, ours are back for right now.
Molly

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

I really, really like that soup you made. I can practically taste it from here. Where is a "transporter" when you need one???

Glad your mother-in-law is breathing better. It's no fun being on O2. Nice flat Indiana land is what she needed!!! I can't imagine living up high. Tried it, huffed and puffed, moved.

Chatty Crone said...

I'm glad your MIL is doing better and that her quality of life will get better. Your soup sounds wonderful!

Ms Sparrow said...

You put me in the mood to make a big pot of soup. Happily, I have most of the ingredients you used.

Angela said...

Sounds like it was a great move for Jim's mom to move from Colorado! Your soup sounds great! I have never had a leek before. I should get one to try.

Hugs,
Angela

Y'all come back now...

Y'all come back now...

Everyone is special, and counts!