Summing it Up...

Now, that I'm way on the wrong side of sixty, I feel that being true to self is important. "I yam, what I yam." Kindness and smiles are to be given away. Women are strong. Men are more vulnerable than we believe. Husbands may come and go...but one thing I know for sure is that I will NEVAH live without a corgi or coffee in my life if I can prevent it. Come piles of dog fur or hot water!

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Signs...

Spring is trying very hard to break through.Addie was outside, catching some rays today. Normally, she hides inside...usually in the kneehole of the desk, or in our bed.


The hollyhocks have popped up, and are growing each day...


The maple tree is full of buds. I noticed them for the first time last night, and was stunned!


Jake and his deflated ball are constant companions...he brings it to us over and over again to be thrown or kicked. Boys will be boys.



I hope the tulips don't get eaten by the rabbits, or bit by frost before they bloom. They've popped up all over, and are such a welcome spot of color.


The two corgi kids seemed to really enjoy our mid-60's temperature today.


I'm feeling more hopeful...surely Spring will hang in there and shake off old man Winter!
If you haven't signed up for the giveaway yet, please do. Go back one post to sign up. Drawing on March 22nd.

11 comments:

Sarah said...

A little bit of sunshine and the warmer temps do wonders, don't they!

Angela said...

I'm jealous Corgidogmama! It has been cold here for a few days. I want Spring to come now!!!!

It is nice seeing how it is greening up around your house though! Looks like your corgi's are enjoying the Spring weather!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Angela

^..^Corgidogmama said...

I just noticed that the date on these pics is way off....2004???
I just took these pics this afternoon!
GRRR...

Pam said...

I know you just took the pics and I love to see the Corgis every time! I'm sure they are the best and enjoy every minute romping in the green grass!

I am sooooo jealous! I tried hollyhocks years ago to no avail and then 2 years ago a friend gave me seeds from hers. They have done great but, I see no new growth yet this year. I baby them like you wouldn't believe! We're just a little slower here....

On the plus side, some of the trees are budding! It was sunny and warmer today though so I will be checking the hollyhocks out tomorrow morning.

Chatty Crone said...

There is nothing, nothing, as beautiful as spring. It smells good and it looks good and it sounds good - and well, you get the picture.

Your two little corgis were out having fun too.

Green - 'Kelly' green - is my favorite color.

sandie

Whosyergurl said...

sixty-two here in Bloomington, today. Georgeous sunshine. Chelsea was out on her lead in the drive. Mostly, she just has a sun-bath. Then she went for a walk with her dad.
the end. :-)
Hugs, Cheryl

ClassyChassy said...

Michigan looks NOTHING like what you have pictured! I did see a teeny blade of green grass (ONE, mind you!) coming up from the mud. Some sunshine today, so, there's hope!

Angela said...

Hey Corgidogmama!

You must have the Luck of the Irish with you today! You won my giveaway! Please send me your address and I'll get your garden seeds out to you asap!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Angela
wvangela@gmail.com

Ms Sparrow said...

You have Hollyhocks! I remember them from my childhood when we'd take a blossom, turn it upside down and insert a bud into the hole to make a "doll". It seems like nobody grows them anymore. Good for you!

Pam said...

Hi corgimama! I'm back!

I have a Happiness Award for you on my blog. Please go over, pick it up and tell me 10 things that make you happy!

Have a good day!
Pam

ocmist said...

Your corgis look as happy as our corgis do that spring is starting to peek through! I've sure missed coming here to visit and breathe a bit of sunshine for the soul.

We had hollyhocks when I was a kid... Mama always had them. There were some here when we first moved here, but they are poisonous to horses, so I had to take them out.

I noticed some lilac blossoms starting here today, too! Signs all around us, Praise God! Linda

Y'all come back now...

Y'all come back now...

Everyone is special, and counts!