Summing it Up...

Now, that I'm way on the wrong side of sixty, I feel that being true to self is important. "I yam, what I yam." Kindness and smiles are to be given away. Women are strong. Men are more vulnerable than we believe. Husbands may come and go...but one thing I know for sure is that I will NEVAH live without a corgi or coffee in my life if I can prevent it. Come piles of dog fur or hot water!

Monday, November 22, 2010

An Alternative?


Following the roasting of, and deboning of, and the clean-up of a twenty-one pounder last night for the soup supper use....it all came back to me, just how much work this whole turkey thing is.
Not sure doing it again on Thursday is so appealing.
However, it did make the house smell great.
It did drive the corgi kids nuts.
Oops, several pieces did fall on the floor for them.
And, my mom and I had to taste it as well. One bite....honest!
Needed salt. Have never made a fresh turkey before.
Where were the salty additives that give so much flavor and tasty chemical zip?
First they take away our red dye and msg. Sheesh....it's a commie plot!

5 comments:

phaedra96 said...

I snicker as I read this; DD just opened a box of Special K and decided some sugar would help. Blah and boring even with rockhard blueberry/pomegranate cluster! I wonder how much they pay those actresses to yum over that stuff???

Peanut said...

I am a BIG fan of Turkey! Yum!

Mevely317 said...

Uh-huh, gimme "better living" through chemistry!
Love the image ... boy, do I remember Swanson TV dinners!

Buttercup said...

We've been getting fresh turkey for several years and it's good. I've gotten used to the taste. I read on Pam's blog that you're doing Nantucket Cranberry Pie and I am racing over to check the recipe. Love all things cranberry. Take good care and have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Chatty Crone said...

Hmmm, two turkeys - are you nuts?

Just kidding. It's a lot of work for just one turkey!!

I bet you're a great cook. And I bet we would be surprised at how much stufff manufacturers put in our food.

Sandie♥ HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Y'all come back now...

Y'all come back now...

Everyone is special, and counts!