Summing it Up...

Now, that I'm way on the wrong side of sixty, I feel that being true to self is important. "I yam, what I yam." Kindness and smiles are to be given away. Women are strong. Men are more vulnerable than we believe. Husbands may come and go...but one thing I know for sure is that I will NEVAH live without a corgi or coffee in my life if I can prevent it. Come piles of dog fur or hot water!

Saturday, December 18, 2010

If only I had a brain...


Yesterday, Josh and I had our annual cookie baking day. In the background, we had National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation playing on the small kitchen tv. It's the classic movie for the quirky population. Some warm moments, but mostly wacko, out there scenes that each and every family can relate to.

We yukked it up, while both of us pre-quoted many of the nutty lines as we created Christmas shaped sugar cookies, using the famous family recipe. The corgi kids were underfoot, sniffing the butter scented air. They are "dog-logs" and truly can be hazardous, lying in wait, making moving about in the kitchen...dangerous!

Did I catch any of the decorating efforts of Josh's as he created a holly decked stocking cookie for his lady love on film? Nooooo....duh! It just never occurred to me to do so...being so distracted by the homemade pizza lunch...then the rolling, the baking, the laughing over the "shitter was full" line....sheesh!

Josh also had his Christmas date with Jenny at Applebee's last night.
We meet in a town 26 miles away for them both...meeting in the middle, in a town with several chain restaurants, about once a month, long enough for them to share a meal together. It's so sweet...we've talked about this before.
This year, he did a phone interview, asking her what her favorite color was, favorite candy, hobbies, etc. He wrote each answer down. Then, he filled a plush red stocking full of the answers. This guy is so romantic and sweet, it really does bring a tear to the eye.
Here's an old pic, since brain farts are happening left and right, and taking a picture of current events just ain't happenin' around here!

6 comments:

Angela said...

Hey Corgidogmama!

That sounds like great fun! As you know Christmas Vacation is my favorite movie! I can relate to the dog logs on the floor because there have been a few occasions where I've let Jazz in while I'm cooking and she does get in the way when you aren't used to it. Let's just say I was lucky and so was she that we didn't get hurt! lol

That is so sweet that Josh has a gal friend that they can get together for a date once a month. Did he take her any cookies?

Merry Christmas!
Angela

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

Sounds like you and Josh had a ball. How sweet of him to make his lady friend a special gift. He is blessed to have you there to care so much... BUT, I feel in all honesty you are the one who is Blessed to have this Angel in your life.
May y'all have a Blessed and Merry Christmas.
Molly

Mevely317 said...

What a fun tradition you've painted!
... and I take back everything I've ever said about men being the worst gift-givers!

Chatty Crone said...

Sounds like they had a nice time time. I am so glad for them.

Making cookies and watching Christmas Vacation = Heaven.

Love,
sandie

ClassyChassy said...

What a terrific memory for both of you, and that's touching he would make his lady a special present! You have raised him well - otherwise, how would he even come up with such a creative idea? Guys just don't normally do those things unless their mom taught them well! Bless you this holiday season! Merry Christmas - you've been able to share the true Christmas joy!

LADY JANE said...

Love it! You are one baking duo...Corgi babes only add to the fun! Happy Holidays girlfriend! Oh...and I'm hanging in here...don't you worry! Love ya!

Y'all come back now...

Y'all come back now...

Everyone is special, and counts!