Summing it Up...

Now, that I'm way on the wrong side of sixty, I feel that being true to self is important. "I yam, what I yam." Kindness and smiles are to be given away. Women are strong. Men are more vulnerable than we believe. Husbands may come and go...but one thing I know for sure is that I will NEVAH live without a corgi or coffee in my life if I can prevent it. Come piles of dog fur or hot water!

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Fresh Strawberries in December!



Today we met up with our Winnebago Club pals in Plant City, Florida. Plant City produces over three-quarters of the nation's midwinter strawberries and is world famous for its Strawberry Festival, held each winter. The shortcake at the Parksdale Farm Market is a real treat. The market is full of produce, plants, and other summery stuff, and jammed with people all winter long. They have loads of picnic tables to sit and eat their strawberry goodies, and a strawberry throne with crowns, wands, and other queenly accessories, used as props, for photo ops on your own.
Last night we met up with the Florida kids, and grandsons at Capogna's Dugout Restaurant, 1653 Gulf-to-Bay Blvd, Clearwater for salad and pizza. The walls are covered with sports memorabilia, and could be a mini baseball hall of fame. Al, the owner before he died, now his kids run it, was a very strong supporter of local sports. There's a wall honoring the Clearwater Tornadoes, football and baseball teams. David played as #64 in high school football. The Dugout was always a stop when(my kids and I) visited Florida from the late 70's through the mid-90's. Josh, I was sure thinking of you while we were there. Afterwards, we went to Largo City Park where they have a terrific playground, much loved if the number of parents and kids were any way to judge its popularity. The Christmas lights throughout the park lit as we walked the curvy paths around the grassy areas. Very pretty.
We, obviously, have strayed from our Weight Watcher program while down here, but we sure have enjoyed ourselves, and time has flown.

No comments:

Y'all come back now...

Y'all come back now...

Everyone is special, and counts!