Summing it Up...

Now, that I'm way on the wrong side of sixty, I feel that being true to self is important. "I yam, what I yam." Kindness and smiles are to be given away. Women are strong. Men are more vulnerable than we believe. Husbands may come and go...but one thing I know for sure is that I will NEVAH live without a corgi or coffee in my life if I can prevent it. Come piles of dog fur or hot water!

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Middle age crazies...

I found a couple of quotes with attitude, and wanted to share them with you ladies. It's snowy out there, and being housebound makes a woman's brain kink a little bit. (That's my story!)
"I am not menopausal. I just wanted a half an hour alone. Is that too much to ask? A crappy half hour!" ~Janet Evanovich
"Sometimes its good to learn how to be a little bad. It's called getting real." ~Aimee Liu
Avoid any diet that discourages the use of hot fudge!" `Dan Kardong
It's easy now-it's middle-age lady, nobody's looking, nobody notices. I go without lipstick if I feel like it, and I always wear my comfy clothes. It's a life with fewer distractions, but should something beautiful show up, a middle-aged woman is free to stare." ~Abigail Thomas

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well it's not snowing here, but it is cold. It's getting down to 37 tomorrow night. And it is so damp which makes it seem colder. But I guess we are lucky, we don't have the snow and ice to contend with.
You should be down here at the RV Show. It's really nice this year.

Hugs,
Chris

Andi said...

Love your quotes!

I remember that Indiana snow and will stay right here in the Sunshine State...even if it is a bit chilly at the moment.

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Halloo, how's me kink-brained friend? Are ye saying yer kinky??? LOL! Well, that's what snow will do to yer mind, according to meself. Stay warm if you can!!!

LADY JANE said...

Laughing at your quotes as I sit here among my layers of clothing, tossled hair ( tossled sounds better than bed-head)wearing no lipstick(why waste a good thing on a snow day)and besides my cheeks are pink enough from windburn(sounds close to sunburn)! I must GO OUT there today...out of CHOCOLATE,and Vanilla Tea....if I stay in SOMEONE could get hurt...lol...so I shall leave you know...have to hop in the shower...and if there is a lingering smell of Bengay...lol...it will be gone soon...or at least I hope it will...sorry.....

Chatty Crone said...

"In things pertaining to enthusiasm, no man is sane who does not know how to be insane on proper occasions."
– Henry Ward Beecher

Stay warm.

Janice said...

In response to your comment on my blog...I'm so glad to hear you are a fan of author Philip Gulley! I must find his other books and read them! He's the best!
Blessings,
Janice

Unknown said...

These are great quotes!

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

Love the attitude!

Y'all come back now...

Y'all come back now...

Everyone is special, and counts!