Summing it Up...

Now, that I'm way on the wrong side of sixty, I feel that being true to self is important. "I yam, what I yam." Kindness and smiles are to be given away. Women are strong. Men are more vulnerable than we believe. Husbands may come and go...but one thing I know for sure is that I will NEVAH live without a corgi or coffee in my life if I can prevent it. Come piles of dog fur or hot water!

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Sunday Baker's Pantry Challenge...

Want to give Frugality a whirl in 2009? Click on Tanya's name, and sign up on her blog for this kooky, common sense, and winter-stimulating challenge!


Tanya, at Sunday Baker
, has thrown down the spatula and issued a challenge. To begin the new year with uncluttered pantries, refrigerators and freezers, full of aging items...she says be frugal, and stop the shopping. We are to take stock of the ingredients on hand, in every area, not restock except for necessary staples (milk, eggs, meat, butter, bread.) We are to become creative as our stash dwindles, by digging out the cook books.

This is my stash, from which I shall become a creative cook!
I imagine that Jim, will be eating out as much as possible~

How simple and frugal a thing is happiness; a glass of wine, a roast chestnut, a wretched little brazier, the sound of the sea. All that is required to feel that here and now happiness is a simple frugal heart. Nikos Kazantzakis

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy, do I need to take some lessons here.:) I wanted to tell ya thanks for stopping by and that we are going to Hillsbourgh River State Park Monday, then to the big Fl. RV Show for the rest of the week. We belong to the WIT club also. The Suncoasters. Also, I wanted to tell you that I lived a lot of my youth in Princeton, IN and I was born in Mt. Carmel, IL. So, I remember the cold winters too. My parents were born in Oakland City, IN. We're also about 5 mins. from Largo. So, we have a lot in common.

Hugs,
Chris

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

You've inspired me to stop calling myself cheap and to now refer to myself as frugal. Thankee!

I've got my pantry down to its bare shelves almost. We just have a handful of recipes we cook, and the rest of the time we do our best to support the Chinese Buffet industry in West Texas.

ocmist said...

We are in earthquake country and they recommend that we keep several weeks worth of staples available, so I can't clear the pantry, but I will try to go through it and recycle some of the older stuff to the front while restocking the back parts with newer canned goods.

Do I really need to work on that Fridge? THAT is a scary proposition!!! Something might crawl out of the back and grab me... LOL

Chatty Crone said...

I also love your picture above your Blog - she sees no reason to act her age - and if she doesn't see one - then she won't! Age is just a number.

Chatty Crone said...

Oh dear Corgidogmama,

My life seems to much the way yours is. Life is difficult and I have to fight the negativity around me too! I want so much more out of life than that.
I have my escapes too. I know everyone has something to deal with.
I love this quote, "We have to find our own island in the sea of poop." Couldn't have said it better.

betty said...

interesting challenge! I was just telling my hubby that we are finally getting the hang of being frugal and using coupons, stocking up on sales etc and we probably have about 1-1/2 to 2 weeks of food here; might have to think about doing this challenge

betty

squawmama said...

I saw you on Chris's blog and I wanted to visit your blog .I am so happy that I did. I loved your blog and since we full time in our motorhome I thought we would have a lot in common... We will be also camping at Hillsborough River State Park and going to Super RV show... I just love going to different blogs and meeting new people… If you feel like it, please come and visit me and we'll share a few laughs... While you’re there please sign my guestbook… and if you want to follow my blog just click on that too… Thanks… If you don't mind I would like to add you to my favorites. Don't want to miss anything.... LOL LOL
Hugs,
Donna

at the cottage said...

What a lovely blog, I am so glad I found you. Boy, I have been known to spend money but I frugal is my middle name.

Looking forward to reading you :0)

at the cottage said...

My photo blog
http://teaandphotos.blogspot.com

Chatty Crone said...

So have you made anything yet?

Chatty Crone said...

Thanks for being so honest. I too am in the same situation. A little different in that I finally got to the point I just couldn't take it anymore. I grew (and it took years by the way), he stayed the same - hence the problem. You are a strong woman and yes, it's still in there, I feel it, it's resting until you find your way. I'm so glad I 'met' you. (How did you sepend time on the road in such tight quarters?)

bingo~bonnie said...

good job! the pantry look great! Glad I found that you "got er DONE!" :) and I see in the side bar you did the fridge too! Graeet!

Now you've earned 15 additional entries to my give-away :) :) Thanks for visiting my blog.

Love from Texas! ~bonnie

Y'all come back now...

Y'all come back now...

Everyone is special, and counts!