Summing it Up...

Now, that I'm way on the wrong side of sixty, I feel that being true to self is important. "I yam, what I yam." Kindness and smiles are to be given away. Women are strong. Men are more vulnerable than we believe. Husbands may come and go...but one thing I know for sure is that I will NEVAH live without a corgi or coffee in my life if I can prevent it. Come piles of dog fur or hot water!

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Weakening this week....



I call mine "Junk in the Trunk!"
Ever hear the song, "I like big butts, I cannot lie?"
Now really, who likes a big butt?
One question I have NEVAH, EVAH, asked my husband....
"does this make my butt look big?"
Yep...the truth hurts...I'm not going there!

This week, being snowbound, has been much harder to stay "on program" for my flab fighting. Snow outside, flurries, events cancelled, makes me want to cook, bake, and tickle taste buds. Such activities are NOT diet friendly. Granted, I cooked up cauliflower, added Laughing Cow, chives, Molly McButter, and mashed it all to create something very low cal to eat when the munchies attacked.

Blackberry cobbler had to be made to go along with the crock pot of tasty chili. It would have been scandalous not to! Gee, the zukes are gone, I can't make soup. Oh look, there's cheese...cheese is good...with crackers, right? They were triscuts, that has fiber, but it was 10 o'clock at night when I was scarfing those down. Oh look, strawberry jam, that would be a good butter replacement!

See, what I mean? Once the ball got rolling, things went downhill fast. Last week, nothing tempted me. Why is this week different? Well! I'm thinking it's because I was not able to get my senior coffee on a regular basis all this past week. The Malibu, does not have 4-wheel drive, hence, I was told to stay home, which means, no coffee fix. ( I never make coffee at home, it's just not the same!)
Is this a stretch? Am I grasping at straws? Am I only able to be "good" for one stinkin' week?

Here are some quotes to inspire you, and me!

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going. Jim Ryun

The road to success is dotted with many tempting parking places. Unknown

You must take personal responsibility. You cannot change the circumstances, the seasons of the wind, but you can change yourself. That is something that YOU have charge of. Jim Rohn

9 comments:

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Frankly, my fat cells call the shots to my brain cells --
ACTUAL TRANSCRIPT OF FAT/BRAIN CONVERSATION:
Fat Cells: "Hey, we're hurtin' for butter down here, and just about to perish if we don't get some cake pretty soon -- It's survival of the FATTEST, you guys...and by the way, carrots are POISONOUS, don't you crazy brain cells know that???"
Brain Cells: "Okay!"

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain, it's so difficult. And I give up so easy. Hang in there, don't give up.
Hugs,
Chris

LADY JANE said...

Oh...DIETING??? Well girlfriend I got the giggles now....
Ok I feel SO bad about the box you are sending me..IF I would have known you were dieting...I would have LOL told you...PUT ALL THE GOODIES IN THE BOX and NOBODY GETS HURT...I could have saved you!
I could be lathering jelly(dear god please don't let it be sugar free) on my triscuts,that by the way are an interesting taste sensation when you mix them in a bowl of leftover chocolate dipped pretzels,I could have saved you I know it...LOL Ok...so now I will just have to be delighted ( and I will) to suck down a few gallons of Hot chocolate instead! And now that my feet have almost warmed up (oh the power of Bengay) I am going for groceries so that I have some Marshmallow fluff to stir in Hot chocolate!Oh and if we are exchanging recipes on here...try a little dab of fluff on a triscuit...top that baby with a rolo and you got gourmet!
Oh...and lol...no rofl...I am on a SAVE a Corgi Campaign...I might pick up an EXTRA pair of wool socks...
And since it is Sunday..Dear Lord I pray...Please do not let all the bloggers in blogland think that Corgi Mamma and Lady Jane have fallen off their rockers laughing at this post,while everyone else in blogland goes...HUH?

Chatty Crone said...

Good Morning Coffeeless Corgimama,

I like coffee out better too, but I'd have to have a backup. What I do is mix Starbucks coffee with a cheaper blend and I make it stronger when I'm home - next best thing.

About the conunterfeit money - that is amazing to me. I'm sorry it happened and hope that you don't get any visitors!

Let's see, about your diet. Look at the first week and compliment yourself. You did great. So if you can do it once, you can do it again. Let this week go. You were snowed in last week and that is hard in itself. Today is a new start.

Karol said...

Sorry about the temptations. We all have them. Just remember ever morning is a new day to get up and try again.

BTW: I have never dared to ask anyone if ______ makes my butt look big. I'm not going there either! LOL

Take care!
Karol :0)

Alexa Lett said...

Just had to see what "Corgi Dog" was all about. Thanks for stopping by my blog today...and thank you for the kind words. Did a little reading through yours...love the pups...and actually just had a conversation with my daughter today about taking an RV vacation...we both think it would be fun! Obviously, a kindred spirit blew by today! Come back any time!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

You are KILLING ME! OH boy howdy doo! I am with you on the junk in the trunk. Call it "Baby's Got Back" and I don't even have implants. ha! Thank God for J-Lo making it hip to have some curves!!! A co-worker one time said to me, "Hey, you have got some junk in the trunk." Ok...NOT the thing to tell a quick thinker...so I said to him (him who had a little newly married belly forming...) "Hey, well at least I don't have something under the hood going on". Needless to say he avoided me after that. Good thing, too. Ha!

These days I am trying Picolium Picolonate. It helps speed up the metabolism and I up'd my Estrodol. So far, so good.

hugs,
Becky

My Bucket List said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and your kind and inspiring words!! I am so ready to take an RV trip but guess it will have to wait till after April (Chemo done....YEAH!!). My Corgi's are also getting cabin fever as I do not play with them so much now, but it will get better. Love your blog, you are a really tallented writer.

Life With Dogs said...

I think I parked too long ;)

Y'all come back now...

Y'all come back now...

Everyone is special, and counts!