This is the time of year that really gets to me, and most likely, many of you out there. It's the doldrums, the dive that follows the holidays, the poopy cycle of winter. You know what I'm talking about~ Here are some tips, not mine, but an email forward from a great gal in Illinois...doing these should help us all year long.
1. Drink plenty of water.
2. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner
like a beggar.
3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less
food that is manufactured in plants..
4. Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy
5. Make time to pray.
6. Play more games
7. Read more books than you did in 2009 ..
8. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day
9. Sleep for 7 hours.
10. Take a 10-30 minutes walk daily.
And while you walk, smile.
11. Don't compare your life to others...
You have no idea what their journey is all
12. Don't have negative thoughts or things you cannot control.
Instead invest your energy in the positive present
13. Don't over do.. Keep your limits.
14. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
15. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip.
16. Dream more while you are awake
17. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
18. Forget issues of the past.Don't remind your partner
of mistakes of the past. That will ruin
your present happiness.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don't hate
20. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
Y'know, reading these over, it all seems so simple...but doing this list is very hard...life gets in the way, as does emotion. We are a complex bunch...and, being menopausal and beyond...oh my, just throws a wrench into the whole big picture of it all!