Summing it Up...

Now, that I'm way on the wrong side of sixty, I feel that being true to self is important. "I yam, what I yam." Kindness and smiles are to be given away. Women are strong. Men are more vulnerable than we believe. Husbands may come and go...but one thing I know for sure is that I will NEVAH live without a corgi or coffee in my life if I can prevent it. Come piles of dog fur or hot water!

Monday, November 15, 2010

~Dumb Broads~




Egad.........I'm not ready! Are you? Found a Butterball for a buck a pound at Aldi's and made room in the freezer. Want gravy, want sweet taters with that crunchy good topping, dressing, and real whipped cream for the pie.

There's a whole lot of cleaning to be done. Did the pilgrims get this excited and stressed on that very first T-day? Did they sweep their dirt floors with a corn husk broom? Sheesh, why do we women do this to ourselves?

We're nuts that's why. Sermon over. Amen. Really..........!

5 comments:

Chatty Crone said...

You didn't already know that? Of course we're nuts and proud of it - right?

sandie

Judypatooote said...

I feel pretty lucky, I don't have to cook...going to my daughters house...the whole family...the bad thing is NO LEFT OVERS....just stopped by to tell you Happy Thanksgiving.... judy

Marilyn Miller said...

You clean? Maybe a light once over will do the day before. Husband cooks turkey and I do the prep work during the week.

phaedra96 said...

Ha! We are genetically hard-wired to clean, cook and dispose of all left-overs with one hand tied behind our backs and a smile glued on our faces!!

Pam said...

I washed all the windows yesterday and I'm ready to start cooking! And yes, we're nuts!

Y'all come back now...

Y'all come back now...

Everyone is special, and counts!